Tuesday, November 25, 2008

25 days of December... are you doing it?

For the last couple of years, Ali Edwards has done a December Daily journal/scrapbook. I really need to slow down and appreciate the Christmas season for all it has to offer... I am hoping that journaling it a day at a time will help me not get so caught up in the business and enjoy it more.

This year I decided to jump on the bandwagon and make one too. The trick she says is to have your book made and your "stash" together before December 1. So this weekend I worked on the book- The best part is that so far they only thing I had to buy was some digital scrapbook images. The rest I just went though my stash and found stuff that would work. I just pulled out anything red/green/black/cream and vintage looking. I bought the Basic Grey Christmas paper last year on clearance so I used that for most of the book.
The inside pages of the book are 9x12...(that's just what I picked everyone does different sizes etc). To make the covers I took 2 9.5x12.5 pieces of chipboard and decoupaged paper on them. The title on the front is a digital image, but the #25 are brads. I rounded the corners then inked the edges...
Here is a pic of my "stash" the idea is to take a picture every day until the 25th.. then sit down and quickly journal and add pictures to the album. So having everything all in one place should help with the construction/embellishment.
I bought on www.designerdigitals.com a set of brushes (they are for sale under Ali Edwards) that are #'s. I printed them out on cardstock in a size that fits in my circle punch. These will be used to number the "days" throughout the book.


The "filler pages". I wanted a very hodge podge look... So the pages are all different sizes and all by different manufacturers. Some are vellum and some are cardstock. I need to go to office max to get reinforcement rings so that the lighter pages won't tear in years to come.


You can not see it very well in this picture but one of the pages is a 12x12 pocket page protector that I cut down to 9x12... there are now spaces for 3 4x6 photos and 3 3x3 photos or embellishments.




I am planning on covering up the backs of the pages with photos/journaling blocks etc. so that the words/bar codes of the papers don't show though.


This was a 12x12 piece of "shaped' paper that I cut in half then glued the halfs together- so the back of it looks the same as the front. There is also a vellum page behind it..




Clock transparency...


Scalloped cardstock cut down..


Jenni Bowlin bingo cards- I'll probably put pictures on the back then my "circle" # on the front to show which day it is for..


The inside cover... Mini calendar is also Jenni Bowlin (I get her monthly kit- I'm glad I did, I had quite a stash of stuff to pick from)..
That's all for now- I am going to post pictures as I work on it. I REALLY want to have the patience to finish it with a photo a day... so I figure if I promise to post the pictures here that is a good motivation for me to stay consistent with it.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I'm so excited to see you make this. Keep posting!

marlene said...

I love this I wish I still lived by you are so talented